Cooking for others may not be so easy some times, religious and dietary concerns creep into recipes. But imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and all of a sudden you realised you could not eat gluten, what do you do?
At the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards I found 2 ladies that have sussed it out. From New Zealand, these ladies have sorted gluten free so it tastes just right! Nothing lost, everything there. How do they do it? By telling the reader to make a mixture that can be substituted for flour. Lemon meringues, cakes, biscuits, you name it, no loosing out. And the recipe work internationally, not many cook books can say that!
The book is fantastic, it won Best Cookbook in the World for first cookbook and came 3rd for Best food and health book in the world.
* Only 2 base flour blends are needed to make all the recipes
* We show you how to make the 2 blends using easy to find gluten free flours
* Easy to follow recipes, each accompanied by a colour photo
* All recipes are free from: gluten, wheat, soy, potato and nut flours
* A variety of breads, buns, sandwiches and pizza bases
* The bread recipes are all dairy free and can be made egg free too
* A pastry section full of savoury and sweets treats
* Baking that’s ideal for lunchboxes, snacks and kids parties
This book is filled with “pre-diagnosis” recipes that have been adapted into easy to bake gluten free delights that taste so good your friends will want to know what the secret is!