Beefy Beefeater Bonanza
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Beefeater gin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons juniper berries, crushed
- 2 4-ounce beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Combine broth, gin, vinegar and juniper berries in a measuring cup. Set aside.
- Brush or rub steaks with oil. Press pepper onto the steaks and season with salt. Heat a medium cast-iron or heavy pan over high heat until nearly smoking. Place steaks in the heated pan and cook until browned on the outside but still pink inside, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the reserved broth mixture to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan, until reduced slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Place the steaks on individual plates and spoon the sauce over.
Tips & Notes
- To crush juniper berries: Place whole spices in a plastic bag and crush with the bottom of a heavy pan or pulse in a spice grinder.